Tiny Tots Program for 4 - 6 yr. olds
Vocal Program for Tiny Tots
Our Tiny-Tots program is built around introducing young toddlers to Carnatic and Hindustani music using easy-to-learn compositions and shlokas in a structured learning setting.
Quite a few of our students in the Tiny-Tots program are typically exposed to music through prayers and shlokas taught by their parents and grand-parents and have shown a keen interest.
Tiny Tots performing at our Annual Student Concert
A parent's perspective
- Cultural exposure: First and foremost, parents want to expose children born and brought up here in the US to get exposure to a rich cultural tradition with a deep history and heritage. By exposing toddlers to this type of music, we are helping to instill a love and appreciation for culture in them at a very early age.
- Enhanced speech: Most children that grow up in western societies are not able to pronounce quite a few of our syllables – especially rolling the ‘r’s, etc. Learning Carnatic and Hindustani music requires children at an early age to practice these producing these sounds that are unique to our Indian languages.
- Improved cognitive development: Studies have shown that early exposure to music can help improve a child’s cognitive development. This includes areas such as memory, language, and spatial reasoning — irrespective of the type of music — Western, Chinese or Classical Indian music.
- Increased creativity: Both Carnatic and Hindustani music are art forms that encourage creativity and self-expression. By exposing toddlers to this type of music, we are helping to develop their creative minds and encouraging them to think outside the box.
- Improved focus and concentration: Most importantly, learning Carnatic and Hindustani music requires focus and concentration. As toddlers practice and perform, they will develop the ability to focus and concentrate, which are helpful in all areas of their lives.