Carnatic Vocal, Hindustani Vocal, Carnatic Violin, Flute and Tabla classes for Teens
Our kids program is built around ensuring that every child masters fundamentals correctly – because strong fundamentals accelerate progress as the child progresses to the intermediate and advanced levels.
Some kids are naturally talented (God’s gift), whereas others put in the time and effort to master all the nuances.
Kids have the opportunity to perform on a grand stage at our annual Student Concert. Many kids also perform at various cultural sabhas and baithaks.
Our teachers also work with ambitious kids to prepare for and appear in external examinations conducted by prestigious universities such as The Potti Sreeramulu University.
it is an absolute joy to see my daughter perform on such a big stage. I am proud of her. thank you raaga school of organizing such an amazing student concert
~ Sreevidhya Balasubramanian, Proud Parent
A parent's perspective
- Cultural exposure: First and foremost, parents want to expose children born and brought up here in the US to get exposure to a rich cultural tradition with a deep history and heritage. By exposing toddlers to this type of music, we are helping to instill a love and appreciation for culture in them at a very early age.
- Enhanced speech: Most children that grow up in western societies are not able to pronounce quite a few of our syllables – especially rolling the ‘r’s, etc. Learning Carnatic and Hindustani music requires children at an early age to practice these producing these sounds that are unique to our Indian languages.
- Improved cognitive development: Studies have shown that early exposure to music can help improve a child’s cognitive development. This includes areas such as memory, language, and spatial reasoning — irrespective of the type of music — Western, Chinese or Classical Indian music.
- Increased creativity: Both Carnatic and Hindustani music are art forms that encourage creativity and self-expression. By exposing toddlers to this type of music, we are helping to develop their creative minds and encouraging them to think outside the box.
- Improved focus and concentration: Most importantly, learning Carnatic and Hindustani music requires focus and concentration. As toddlers practice and perform, they will develop the ability to focus and concentrate, which are helpful in all areas of their lives.
Why Learn at Raaga School
Tiny Tots Performance
We are very proud of all our Tiny Tots that prepared and performed at our Annual Student Concert
A short introduction to your team members and why their background should inspire potential clients’ confidence.
Come try a lesson with us. See if we are the right school for you.
Most of our students that attend a trial class are inspired to learn Classical Indian Music.